Thursday, August 23, 2012

Don't Stop... Believin'... or Learning

I realized something today.  You never stop learning in this business.  Hell, I think I've forgotten more than I've learned, but either way, each day is a new day to learn something new.  And I'm here to tell you that an old dog CAN learn new tricks.

I looked back on a previous project I worked on.  It had only been about 6 months or so, but I was using some techniques and technology that I was fairly new to me at the time.  Not that the project wasnt good; the client was very satisfied, but to my (now developed) eye, I can see some things that I would now do differently.  You see, since that time, I've done similar projects and I've learned a lot.  I have developed "standards" that I hadnt had before.  I organize my thoughts and planning in a different way.  My entire approach is different and because of this I can see a dramatic difference in the quality of my work.

I guess this holds true to just about everything in life.  The more repetitions, the more automatic it becomes.  The more experience - the more lessons learned, the better the results.

I cant go back and re-do those projects, but I can (and will) take each new challenge as an opportunity to grow and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment