3/2012 - Present
Consulted with clients on various SharePoint and Office365 projects. Assisted with business requirement identification and process improvement as well as project planning and time management.
Department of Interior, Reston, VA
- Administered and supported 100,000+ user multi-farm SharePoint environment
- Migrated existing farms from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010.
- Architected, installed and configured SharePoint 2013 farm and associated services
- In addition to everyday admin duties, also consulted and designed custom projects/solutions including a customer service portal, conference room scheduling system and several other InfoPath-related forms/sites.
Three Saints Bay, Manassas, VA
- Developed Sales Pipeline Opportunity system in SharePoint 2010 using InfoPath 2010
- Configured reporting system to provide a dashboard of opportunities based on pre-determined search criteria.
- Created custom InfoPath forms to determine Win Predictions, which tied back into the Pipeline Opportunity system.
Network Building & Consulting LLC, Hanover, MD
- Provided email migration support for Office365 cloud services project coordinating with on-premises technical contacts to ensure seamless data transition and minimize downtime.
- Developed custom SharePoint Online Intranet site for 200+ end users.
Access Systems, Reston, VA
- Created a custom designed Resume Repository system utilizing SharePoint Online and InfoPath technologies.
- Designed custom search and reporting tools for efficient organization and availability of resumes to executive level staff.
National Recreation and Park Association
IT Support & Network Systems Administrator
- Administered SharePoint 2007 servers, including governance and security of users and group permissions.
- Worked with End Users to develop requirements and created sites for particular business needs.
- Setup knowledge management and document tracking solutions configuring document libraries, and custom lists as well as workflow and UI.
- Improved organizational productivity by designing workflows.
- Provided project management of internal SharePoint projects.
- Provided IT support and network administrator for all staff and teleworkers.
- Designed, deployed and currently administering an Active Directory domain with on-site Microsoft Servers (2003 and 2008), eVault backup system, Cisco ASA firewall/switches, WiFi, and Windows 7 workstations/laptops.
- Supporting User Authentication, DHCP, DNS, SQL Server, General Dynamics Great Plains, Survey Tracker, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Premier suite and Microsoft Office 2007/2010 products.
- Provide end-user training, presentations, technical guides and other support requests.
- Designed, deployed and currently administering Microsoft Exchange Online, Live Meeting, Office Communicator and SharePoint 2007 technologies
- Completed build out and installation of new servers, including OS and application installation.
- Performed complete network/computer system audit to identify pre-existing issues and vulnerabilities.
- Established a secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) and co-authored a company-adopted computer use/security policy.
Independent Technology Consultant
Operations and Business Support
Consulted with clients on various operations support issues. Assisted with process identification and improvement.
Defender Hosting, Ashburn, VA
Data Center Operations
Operations Technician for co-location and hosted information technology customers, responsible for supporting Tier 1 - Tier 3 level support. Involved in hardware builds, troubleshooting and maintenance of over 1000 rack-mounted servers and appliances in a secure datacenter location.
Tech-Knowledgy, Leesburg, VA
Business Support Manager
Support manager in charge of business customers for home-based managed solutions firm. Oversee all operations and tech support personnel including new site survey, on-site and remote computer/server support.
Systems Administrator for co-location managing information technology customers, responsible for being part of seamless 24x7 Tier 1 and Tier 2 support. Involved account management, system maintenance, and hardware builds as well as configuring monitoring tools.
[5/2003-2/2008: Technology Hiatus]
Advanced Technology Systems (ATS)
Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Served as the primary point of contact for all issues including basic PC troubleshooting of various software and hardware, networking issues, the configuration, management and administration of focal server systems and corresponding hardware/networking components, including asset tracking, back up, and access control and inventory control.
Mid-Atlantic Technical Team Lead
Technical Team Lead for the Mid-Atlantic Region of Oracle's Technical Support Services division. Along with duties as an Internal Support Engineer to Oracle's Reston, VA campus's internal population, was assigned the role of Team Lead for over 10 remote sites in the immediate area, as well as direct supervisor for five direct employees.
Senior Technical Team Lead
Joined PRC as an installation technician on the Department of Justice Consolidated Network project, promoted to Tier 1/Level 2-support person for the DLA Defense Contract Management Command, and promoted again to Senior Technical team Lead of the Customer Response Center (CRC) on the GSA Seat Management contract.
Falls Church, VA
On-site crew chief and premises wiring specialist with duties including managing personnel and materials at customer sites, as well as working within a budget from start of job to completion. Performed high-level Category 5/Fiber Optic cable installation, terminating and testing in military and NATO installations in the United States and Europe. Assisted with network system deployments and troubleshooting.