I just wanted to write a quick blog post about an issue we experienced this week in our enterprise SharePoint 2010 environment while it was still fresh in my head.
Even though our search service is configured properly and successfully crawling all the necessary content sources, we were getting complaints from our end-users that they were not getting any search results. I could performed the same search query they were on the same site and I would get all the results. So why is this happening?
Well, this is the point in time where all good SharePoint admins reach in their toolbox and pull out the biggest hammer they can find. That's right, we did a Google search (or Bing if you're not into the whole brevity thing).
Anyway, we stumbled on THIS blog from Matt Stratton dated June 1, 2010. He explains how to configure SharePoint 2010 Search in a one-way trust scenario. This described our environment to a "T".
So we dug a little more.... Then we found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2344518
Once we ran the script and performed a full crawl, these users tested their sites again and search was working correctly. They received results from their site search and everyone in the kingdom was happy.