Monday, December 16, 2013

SharePoint Eric's Holiday List of Unlikely Christmas Movies

For the last few years, I have been gathering a list of unlikely Christmas movies.  It all came about because around this time of the year, my family watches movies to get us into the holiday season, and frankly some of the more "standard" Christmas movies are a bit played out.  Sure, there are some of my personal favorites like 'A Christmas Story', 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation', 'Elf' and 'Bad Santa', but I wanted to find a list of movies that you wouldn't necessarily think of as "Christmas Movies", but would pleasantly surprised when you watched it.  The only real criteria to this list is it couldn't have a holiday related title and it must take place around Christmas time.

So without further adieu, here is my top 20 unlikely Christmas movies (in no particular order).

Happy Holidays!


  1. Gremlins
  2. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
  3. Die Hard
  4. Trading Places
  5. Edward Scissorhands
  6. Hook
  7. Screwed
  8. Iron Man 3
  9. Batman Returns
  10. The Shining
  11. Monty Python's Life of Brian
  12. Lethal Weapon
  13. Child's Play
  14. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
  15. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  16. Rocky IV
  17. The Ref
  18. Long Kiss Goodnight
  19. Ghostbusters II
  20. Home Alone


So if you're like me and looking for non-traditional holiday movies, go ahead and add these to your watch list this holiday season.

If you know of any I should add to my list, please feel free to mention it in the comments section below.

2 comments:

  1. Nice list Eric!! I may have to watch some of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also realized that Full Metal Jacket also takes place during Christmas: Happy Birthday to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete